Acetyl-L-Carnitine (90 Caps) by NuMedica
Key Benefits of Acetyl-L-Carnitine
- Highly Bioavailable Form of L-Carnitine
- Support for Optimal Mitochondrial Function
- May Enhance Energy Production at the Cellular Level
- Support for Maintaining Healthy Triglyceride Levels
- May Play a Role in Healthy Brain Function
Acetyl-L-Carnitine is the acetylated form of L-carnitine and is readily utilized in the Krebs Cycle (i.e., by the liver and other tissues.) The acetyl group of acetyl-L-carnitine is used to form acetyl-CoA, the most important intermediary in the generation of energy from amino acids, carbohydrates and fats, and has been shown to lower triglycerides.
Acetyl-L-carnitine shuttles acetyl groups and fatty acids into mitochondria for energy production. Since mitochondria deteriorate with age, supplementation with acetyl-l-carnitine may help maintain healthy mitochondrial function in cells. Acetyl-L-carnitine is also used to make the important brain chemical acetylcholine. Some studies suggest that acetyl-L-carnitine can even act as a neurotransmitter itself.